Sunday, February 3, 2008

Amateur Songwriting

So, recently I've tried my hand at writing songs. One only has the chorus' lyrics, while the other also has a chord progression during its respective chorus. The first one is called "50 Miles 'Til Our Destiny" and all I have are lyrics during the chorus:

"We are 50 miles till our destiny
And I cannot help but see
That you are as beautiful
As the sunset on the horizon.
And as we go down the highway
I turn to face you and say,
"I can't imagine living
Without you here by my side."
And I hope you feel the same.
If not, I'll take the blame."


I haven't bothered to figure out a good chord progression yet.
The other song is tentatively called "Hide It All". It uses a chord progression similar to Linkin Park's "Shadow of the Day", but it's in G major instead of B major and goes into a minor chord at some point. Here're the lyrics so far:

"I try to wash away my sins.
I hide it all with grins.
It's eating me up inside,
But I'd never let you know.
Can't let you suffer like I do.
Can't let this pain affect you, too.
Don't worry 'bout me, I'm okay.
We'll find a cure along the way."

Blogged with Flock

No comments: